Want a delicious holiday hot chocolate to wow your holiday guests & really get everyone into the Christmas spirit?! This hot chocolate recipe has been the life of the party in my house for years. Give it a whirl! Happy brewing!
Sparkles' Spiked Hot Peppermint Cocoa Ingredients:
- Nestle Quick
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Whipped Cream Vodka
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- Cinnamon sprinkles, peppermint shavings, whipped cream, marshmallows or cocoa powder to top (choose your favorite)
- Peppermint Stick Candy (to garnish)
*Feel free to substitute almond milk or water for regular milk. I like to mix milk & water so it's not quite as heavy.
Sparkles' Spiked Hot Peppermint Cocoa Directions:
- Pour milk (as many cups as needed to serve party) into pan and using extremely low heat, heat it until it is warm to the touch (not boiling hot). When warm, add Nestle Quick to taste.
- Once hot chocolate is seasoned as you like it, add vodka. You should add 1/4 cup of vodka for every cup of hot cocoa. Remember, the alcohol boils off while heating, so this is not too much to add.
- Then, add the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, approximately 1/3 cup per cup of hot cocoa.
- Finally, add peppermint schnapps to taste. Some like a more minty cocoa than others, so you really have to taste as you go! Heat the entire mixture on low heat until it begins to simmer. When it begins to simmer, lower the heat and continue warming (approximately 12-15 minutes). Taste test and add additional amounts of ingredients to your liking. Top with whipped cream and cocoa powder, or any of the other suggested toppings. Garnish with a peppermint stick and voila, the best hot chocolate you've ever tasted!
Be sure to send us your hot chocolate photos and let us know what you think of the recipe!