After you have learned The History of Eggnog, learn how to make a classic cup to enjoy this Christmas... or any time of year!
Eggnog Fudge Equipment:
Two mixing bowls
Measuring cups, spoons
Eggnog Fudge Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
Nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
If you’re adding alcohol: ½ cup rum, bourbon or whiskey,
How To Make Eggnog Fudge:
- Separate the eggs. Refrigerate the whites until needed.
- Add the sugar to the yolks; whisk or use a mixer until the mixture is a light yellow and has a creamy texture.
- Whisk in milk and cream. Add liquor if using.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate. (The more liquor you add, the longer the mixture will keep.)
- Just before you’re ready to serve it, add the egg white to the mixture. Beat with a whisk or mixer until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chilled egg nog.
- Serve sprinkled with nutmeg and cinnamon, to taste, and whipped cream, if you like.
- Enjoy a little cup of Christmas!
Be sure to check out some other holiday favorite recipes straight from The Elf Squad Kitchen!