Chocolate Chip Cookies. Sugar. Gingerbread. Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Cookies. There’s almost nothing as enticing as the smell of holiday cookies wafting from the kitchen during the holiday season.
If anything can conjure the essence of Christmas, it’s taking that first bite of delicious, treasured favorites. But why wait until Christmas? No, we’re not suggesting turning on the oven when you’d rather be at the beach or even the backyard as the sun is beating down.
But cookies are welcome any time of year--so enjoy this no-bake recipe with cold glasses of milk or maybe even an Eggnog Milkshake. Christmas cookies have their time—but there’s no wrong season for other kinds of cookies, so dig in!
Elf Squad Kitchen Note: This is a great recipe to make with kids--just watch those little fingers when you’re using the stovetop.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup milk, any kind
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup smooth or chunky peanut butter (For nut allergies, substitute a different kind of nut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (optional)
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Special Equipment Needed
- Measuring cup
- Wax paper or aluminum foil on a baking tray or large plate
Step By Step Instructions - How To Make No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- Combine sugar, butter, and milk in a saucepan. Add Cocoa Powder in this step if you'd like to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Bring to a boil, stirring every so often; let boil for approximately one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add oats, peanut butter, vanilla. Stir to mix.
- Drop the mixture by teaspoons onto the plate or tray you’ve prepared.
- Cover lightly with foil. Let sit until cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy this treat without feeling the oven's heat!
Be sure to check out some other holiday favorite recipes straight from The Elf Squad Kitchen!